Senior UX Designer
Brightly is an experience design (XD) and digital transformation (DX) consultancy focused on turning complex business challenges into elegant, simple software. Brightly is design-led, research-driven, user-focused, and deep on technology. Brightly delivers world-class business software design and product strategy and development expertise to complex custom software projects (including digital products, B2B and B2C e-commerce, SaaS solutions, enterprise web and mobile, as well as proof of concept, prototype and innovative applications in IoT, AR/VR, AI, machine learning and more).
As the Brightly team often tackles new and complex business issues, we seek team members passionate about their craft with a love for problem solving, continuous learning, and collaboration. With a geographically-diverse team, we work best with self-motivated people with strong communication skills.
Brightly is seeking a motivated, hands-on Senior UX Designer to join the Brightly interactive design team. The Senior UX Designer is responsible for applying user-centric design best practices to craft scalable UX/UI designs and experiences across digital platforms.
The Senior UX Designer will provide thought leadership and drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong pedigree in visual design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences. The Senior UX designer is also responsible for helping drive hands-on projects at every stage of the life cycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch. To achieve this, the Senior UX Designer must be highly focused, self-motivated, and have a strong attention to detail.
Collaborating well and being a part of a positive, fast-paced working environment is a key attribute for anyone wishing to work at Brightly.
Some of our benefits include:
- Remote work
- Flexible schedule
- Four-day workweek
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Mobile phone stipend
- Paid training opportunities
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
What you’ll do
- Play a pivotal role in research and strategic planning
The Senior UX Designer may be asked to craft and conduct user interviews, create user personae, user flows, storyboards, and other user experience planning documents for enterprise web and software products. Using the information gleaned from these, the UX Designer will be responsible for creating interactive and intuitive wireframes.
- Create compelling UI designs
The Senior UX Designer brings a strong aesthetic eye for design to create effective visual hierarchies and balance form with functionality, both for client work and internal projects.
- Be critical and intentional
Think critically about the strategic direction, apply best practices to every design exercise, and offer innovative solutions with the mentality that there’s always room for improvement.
- Effectively communicate
Among colleagues, with the senior management team, and in all client interactions, we expect every member of our team to speak professionally and confidently about their work. Brightly team members are personable and positive to be around.
- Must possess a strong understanding of user centered design and user experience
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to easily execute without ample direction
- Must be comfortable working with clients from a variety of industries and markets
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to think critically and efficiently multitask
- Must be confident in presenting your work to team members and clients, answering questions, articulate information to clients, and effectively managing workloads to meet deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Must be open to constructive criticisms
- Must possess the ability to learn quickly
Must have software competencies
- Figma & Adobe Photoshop
Nice to have software competencies
- Adobe products (Illustrator, XD, InDesign)
- Front End Code
- Google Analytics
Schedule, location, and travel
- Full-time salaried, but open to contract-to-hire
- Fully remote, partially remote, or on-site in either our Grand Rapids or Traverse City office depending on applicant’s location and preference
- Brightly has national clients so some travel (when safe) is required